FEMALE GROOMING STANDARDS
• Hair must be neatly arranged and styled to present a feminine appearance but may not fall below the lower edge of the uniform collar.
• The only ornaments permitted in the hair are bobby pins (inconspicuously arranged) and barrettes (two maximum) of a color that matches the hair.
• Fingernails must not exceed 1/4 inch measured from the tip of the finger. Nail polish must be a soft shade, complementary to the skin tone.
• Cosmetics should be of conservative color and applied sparingly. No eccentricities or faddishness of dress, jewelry, or grooming is permitted.
• Earrings must be the 6-mm ball (approximately 1/4 inch) type with a brushed matte finish; either the screw-on or post type may be worn Silver with Dress Uniform. Errings are not authorized in NWU's.
• While in uniform, women may wear one necklace or choker; but it must not be visible & be religious in nature.
• Adherence to these grooming standards is MANDATORY.